With the crypto market in full swing, it is important to learn about the best crypto exchanges in the UK. There is a great diversity of platforms, which allow trading (selling, buying and exchanging) these digital assets. Each platform establishes particular conditions of service, therefore, it is necessary to choose a platform that suits your needs. The following is a description of the best cryptocurrency exchanges, learn more about how they work.
Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the UK
CoinbaseIt is one of the most recognized platforms worldwide, it has operations in 102 countries and millions of active users. Since its founding (in 2012 and based in the United States), Coinbase allows you to buy, sell and exchange Cryptocurrencies in the UK securely. They have also incorporated several additional services for individuals and companies, from performing trading operations to a training program that allows getting rewards (the user can test the Cryptocurrency as he/she gets to know how it works).
- Cryptocurrencies More than 16 cryptos, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin and XRP.
- Commission and fees The standard fee for buying and selling is 1.49%, if the transaction is made by card (debit-credit) is 3.99%. May vary by location.
- Wallet Free service available from a mobile application allows to manage the Cryptocurrencies available to the user.
- Payment methods Credit and debit cards, bank transfers (may vary by location).
- Security The platform has an insurance policy on the digital capital of its customers. In addition, less than 2% of the funds are stored online.
- Mobile application Yes, it allows buying, selling and exchanging cryptos. It also provides information on the price of available cryptocurrencies.
BinanceIt is one of the most reliable exchanges in the crypto exchange comparison, it offers multiple options to trade 150 of the most traded Cryptocurrencies in the world. It is a company that started operations in China (2017) and is headquartered in Malta, in less than 4 years it has achieved an excellent reputation thanks to the diversity of services and options it offers. In addition, it has a robust online platform (available in mobile and desktop version), as well as an API that allows it to integrate with different business applications.
- Cryptocurrencies More than 150 available for exchange, and the most traded for buying and selling (including BNB – Binance coin).
- Commission and fees Bianance charges a flat fee of 0.1% for buying and selling cryptos, although it can go as low as 25% if BNB is used to transact. While deposits and withdrawals are free.
- Wallet It has a fast and secure mobile application (Trust Wallet), a wallet that allows you to store and manage cryptos.
- Payment methods Credit and debit cards, bank transfers. If the transaction is made by P2P (person-to-person) trading, up to 60 payment methods and fiat currencies are available.
- Security The platform uses the best computer security standards to safeguard customer funds.
KrakenThis cryptocurrency exchange is based in the United States, started operations in 2011 and has developed an outstanding trajectory (globally) offering exchange, trading and investment services in cryptocurrencies. It has a secure platform (keeping more than 95% of its clients’ funds offline, but 100% available for withdrawal), while the funds that are online are kept safe with high levels of security. In addition, it offers an intuitive graphical interface to facilitate operations and 24/7 customer support.
- Cryptocurrencies 20 of the most traded cryptocurrencies worldwide, also accepts fiat currencies for exchange.
- Commission and fees Withdrawal and deposit fees vary by cryptocurrency, however, most cryptos allow free deposits. There is also a minimum amount for each transaction (varies with the type of crypto).
- Wallet does not offer a crypto wallet.
- Payment methods By bank transfers.
- Security Complies with computer security standards for access to funds.
BittrexOf North American origin and founded in 2014, it offers a secure platform with revamped interface. It has current headquarters in Liechtenstein and provides online services from a mobile application (includes a web version for desktop), allowing the possibility to buy, sell and exchange the most traded Cryptocurrencies. Users can make investments in the main crypto asset markets (more than 250). It also offers a customer support system through social networks and email.
- Cryptocurrencies More than 190 Cryptos and 500 pairs to trade in trading.
- Commission Deposits and withdrawals are commission-free (only accepts a minimum of 25 pounds), while withdrawals can be made from 10 pounds. Deposits and withdrawals with fiat are not available in some countries.
- Wallet does not have an e-wallet to manage cryptocurrencies.
- Payment methods International bank transfer (requires Bittrex approval), credit and debit cards.
- Security Uses various security features to protect funds (Only 10-20% of funds are online). In addition, as of 2018 they included an IP validation stage.
- Electronic wallets for cryptocurrencies (Wallet) allow to store and manage most Cryptocurrencies in a more convenient way. They offer an excellent advantage when trading (sell-buy) or investing without any additional cost (in most of the available services).
BitmexIt is a well-known P2P Cryptocurrency trading platform with worldwide operations, was founded in 2014 by British entrepreneurs and offers investment services on a wide variety of cryptos. Bitmex is considered a platform for experienced traders, offers a user-friendly graphical interface and allows web access from a computer (mobile version is not available). They have also employed rigorous security standards for access, including an automatic auditing system on all accounts (up to 100 audits per second).
- Cryptocurrencies Allows trading with the main Cryptocurrencies on the market (Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Monero, Ripple, Tezos, Zcash).
- Commission Establishes fixed fees for initial margin and maintenance for most crypto assets. No commission for deposits and withdrawals.
- Maximum leverage 1:100 (available for Bitcoin trading, varies according to the cryptocurrency to be traded).
- Payment methods Only accept Bitcoin for a minimum amount of 0.001 BTC (withdrawals have no limit).
- Security The platform has multiple security elements, which guarantee the operation of the system, trading and customer communication.
BitfinexIt is recognized as one of the best exchange and investment platforms, with more than 8 years of experience in the cryptocurrency market that has allowed them to develop multiple services. Bitfinex performs a large number of transactions per day, highlighting Bitcoin transactions thanks to the trading conditions they offer. The platform facilitates 2 options for trading cryptos: through OTC (Over The Counter), with a minimum order of $50 and Spot Trading for those who wish to carry out traditional operations. Users can also avail of a demo version or “Paper Trading”, which allows them to perform simulated trades to learn the functions or explore new strategies. In this version there are no losses if trades are negative, test tokens are used which have no real value (for training purposes only).
- Cryptocurrencies available They offer a large number of Cryptocurrencies and derivatives to trade.
- Commission Deposit commission is free for Cryptocurrencies, while bank transfers have a 0.100% fee with a minimum of 60£. Withdrawals apply commission on some crypto, Bitcoin has a fee of 0.0004BTC.
- Wallet Offers 3 crypto wallets with different functions: for trading, investing in long and short positions (with leverage) and for funding.
- Payment methods Accepts deposits with Cryptocurrencies and international bank transfers (requires application procedure).
- Security Over 99% of funds are safeguarded offline, all transactions require between 4 and 7 levels of security. In addition, withdrawals are not available on the mobile app.
LocalbitcoinsIt is a platform dedicated to the P2P market (trading between people), for more than 8 years Localbitcoins has facilitated the buying and selling of Bitcoins between people (worldwide). Registered users have the possibility to: sell, buy, as well as use an electronic wallet to send and receive Bitcoins. Trading is done through personalized publications (the user the means of payment and the exchange rate), then the platform intermediates the transaction offering guarantees (for the seller and the buyer) until the process is completed.
- Commission Buying, selling and registration operations are free, however, advertisements have a fixed fee of 1% (charged at the end of the transaction). Sending and receiving operations with external Bitcoins wallets have a commission that varies according to the blockchain usage fee.
- Wallet Users have a Bitcoin wallet with free usage.
- Payment methods They offer multiple payment options, from international bank transfers to electronic payment methods (the price of the offer may vary depending on the selected method).
- Security Complies with IT and financial services security standards.
PoloniexSince it started operations (more than 6 years ago), it has positioned itself as a platform that facilitates the exchange and trading of cryptocurrencies. Traders who register with Poloniex have the possibility to trade more than 100 crypto pairs (available for spot trading) and 25 pairs with margin (leverage is available in Futures trading, it can reach up to 1:100). The trading platform offers 2 versions: WebTrader and mobile app (for iOS and Android operating systems, although not all features are available), the graphical interface allows the use of tools and indicators for a better experience. Poloniex also offers technical support through social networks and with access from the interface, an excellent option that not all exchanges offer. In addition, they have strengthened security to provide a more reliable environment.
- Cryptocurrencies 100 of the most traded Cryptocurrencies and asset pairs are available for trading.
- Commission Deposits with Cryptos are commission free, while withdrawals have a low additional fee. While trading commissions vary according to the trading volume in 1 month (the higher the volume the lower the commission). For buying and selling.
- Wallet Yes, wallet is available for depositing and withdrawing Cryptocurrencies.
- Payment methods Only Cryptocurrencies can be deposited in the e-wallet.
- Security The platform complies with international security standards for financial services (only 2% of funds are online). In addition, users have access to their accounts with 2 levels of protection.
KucoinWith only 3 years since it started operating, Kucoin has achieved great acceptance and popularity among cryptocurrency exchange and trading platforms. It allows trading in more than 200 cryptocurrency pairs with competitive rates, it also offers a variety of new options: buying cryptos with the main fiat currencies, trading with Futures, Pool-X (free market exchange that allows liquidity on the crypto bet) and loans between people (the platform is an intermediary and allows trading with margin to the one who receives the loan, while generating interest for the one who grants it). The platform offers a WebTrader version and mobile app (both with intuitive features), also provides 24/7 customer service, as well as a community of users to share experiences.
- Cryptocurrencies Offers the main Cryptocurrencies in the market and more than 450 related pairs.
- Commission Trading commission is up to 0.1% and decreases if trading volume increases in 30 days (Futures up to 0.02%). Deposits are fee-free, while withdrawals have a minimum cost depending on the cryptocurrency (Bitcoin is 0.0004 BTC).
- Wallet does not offer a cryptocurrency wallet.
- Payment methods Only accepts cryptocurrencies, although it allows purchases with external platforms via P2P.
- Security Complies with security standards for financial services and data encryption. In addition, customer funds are backed by an insurance policy. The interface also requires 2 levels of security for access.
BitpandaEstablished in 2014 and headquartered in Austria, Bitpanda is a Fintech company that offers a platform to trade and negotiate a great variety of Cryptocurrencies. It is currently recognized as one of the crypto exchanges with the greatest diversity of services, in addition to providing reliability and ease of operations. Users can avail of up to 9 different services: for buying and selling, exchange, savings plan, metal trading, among others. Bitpanda is available in more than 54 countries with various payment options (although fees may apply for the deposit of some cryptocurrencies). In addition, it offers customer support through major social networks, email and telephone support.
- Cryptocurrencies Allows trading with the most traded Cryptocurrencies, as well as a large number of derivative pairs.
- Commission They apply commission for buying and selling that varies according to the cryptocurrency. Deposits have a fee (they can be free from a minimum amount and depending on the Cryptocurrency), as well as withdrawals (the fee changes according to the payment method).
- Wallet Yes, the platform has a wallet for Cryptocurrencies, it allows sending or receiving assets to other users (without commissions). In addition to facilitating the administration (at the beginning the user has 1 wallet for each cryptocurrency).
- Payment methods Accepts multiple payment options: cards, bank transfer, e-wallets, among others (may change by country).
- Security Complies with international standards for financial services such as AML5, also uses security certificates, data encryption and safeguarding of funds.
CoinmamaCoinmama has been offering exchange services for more than 7 years, with a presence in more than 185 countries and more than 2 million users. Coinmama is headquartered in Slovakia and has developed a robust exchange platform, with more than 7 cryptocurrencies available for buying and selling. In addition, it accepts the most widely used international payment methods and offers a fast handling process (the purchase of Bitcoin, for example, is done in less than 10 minutes). Access to the platform is online (there is no mobile application for now), however, the purchase and sale of cryptocurrencies is done in 5 simple steps. In addition, they apply a competitive (fixed) fee for both transactions.
- Cryptocurrencies Allows the purchase and sale of 8 Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Tezos, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Qtum, Ethereum Classic and Cardano).
- Commission Buying cryptos has a maximum fee of up to 3.9%, while selling can reach 0.9%. They may also apply commission according to the payment method (credit cards have a 5% commission).
- Wallet Wallet is not available.
- Payment methods Credit and debit card, international bank transfers.
- Security They require up to 3 levels of account verification, also uses encrypted data and does not store information related to payments.
HitbtcThe company is based in Hong Kong and started operations in 2013, currently offers an advanced technology exchange platform (with API to incorporate trading robots). In addition, it allows trading with more than 500 digital assets and the most traded Cryptocurrencies globally and inside the UK. Traders in the process of training will be able to benefit from a demo version, it does not require a deposit and allows to explore the most outstanding functions (it can also be very useful for those who are more advanced, but need to familiarize themselves with the interface). This platform also offers corporate accounts, as well as various security systems to offer total peace of mind.
- Cryptocurrencies Allows trading with the main Cryptocurrencies on the market and more than 800 supported pairs.
- Commission Withdrawal fees are adjusted according to the market and deposits with Cryptocurrencies have no additional charge. While commissions for trading vary according to the 30-day trading volume.
- Wallet does not offer a crypto wallet.
- Payment methods Only cryptocurrencies are supported.
- Security Access requires 2-step verification, also uses security certificates and offline storage.
PaxfulIt is a platform that facilitates Bitcoin transactions through P2P commerce, has a presence in more than 100 countries and a wide variety of accepted payment methods. It currently has almost 5 million users and has developed a program aimed at Bitcoin providers. Paxful offers important advantages in such a competitive market, both buyers and sellers can negotiate on equal terms. They also offer a mobile application, a virtual wallet with a user-friendly graphical interface, allowing to exchange, receive and send Bitcoins.
- Commission The purchase of Bitcoin has no additional commissions (it is free), while the sale has a fixed fee of 1% in almost all means of payment (bank transfers have 5%). Sending to an external wallet has a fee according to the amount (between 0.0001 BTC and 0.0005 BTC).
- Wallet Yes, users can download the virtual wallet for free.
- Payment methods It offers more than 300 payment methods, they may vary according to the options of each country.
- Security They manage a security deposit for purchase and sale transactions, they also comply with various financial security standards.
Aspects to consider before choosing an exchange platform in the UKAfter reviewing the best exchanges on the market, it is perhaps necessary to highlight some important aspects for selection. There is no doubt that competition among platforms is high and services are improving every day. In that sense, analyze the following characteristics:
- Fees and commissions: review all commissions for deposit, withdrawal and trading.
- Available cryptocurrencies: check if the platform works with the cryptocurrency you are interested in trading.